Andrea specializes in corporate and commercial transactions and also in public-private partnership and government procurement. She also assists in providing general corporate, tax, labor, and other advisory services, and appears before courts and quasi-judicial agencies for civil, criminal, and administrative cases.
Andrea obtained her degrees in Humanities and in Law from the Ateneo de Manila University, graduating with honors. She also has a postgraduate degree in Business Administration from Instituto de Empresa in Madrid, Spain.
Andrea has advised on mergers and acquisitions, for both local clients and multinational clients, and also other corporate and commercial transactions. She has advised on public-private partnership projects, particularly build-operate-transfer projects, assisting government clients and private sector clients, and she has advised on government procurement. Her work has included:
- Heading teams advising on, and assisting with, proposed acquisitions of power generation companies, distribution utilities, and advertising firms. Assistance has included the conduct of due diligence and the preparation of contracts and agreements for the acquisition. Advice has covered various legal issues related to the acquisition.
- Managing a team in the conduct of a competition law compliance audit of a multinational company and preparing merger filings of foreign and local acquisitions with the Philippine Competition Commission.
- Advising the Philippine government and private bidders on, and drafting bidding documents and concession agreements for, the bidding and procurement of public-private partnership projects, including the computerization of the civil registry operations of the Philippine Statistics Authority; the construction and operation of the Cavite-Laguna Expressway; and the construction of the Laguna Lakeshore Expressway Dike.
- Managing teams in the preparation of engineering, procurement and construction contracts and the provision of related legal advice.
- Assisting in the successful prosecution of multi-million dollar International Chamber of Commerce arbitration proceedings involving energy companies.
- Providing energy law regulatory advice to power generation companies and representing them before the Philippine Supreme Court.
- Leading a team in the preparation of a legal framework for the establishment of an electricity derivatives market in the Philippines.
Andrea also has experience working abroad. In 2017, as an intern at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP, she assisted in developing a merger filing in Singapore for a multi-million dollar acquisition involving multinational companies and reviewed foreign transactions with competition law concerns. In 2019, Andrea was part of a team of post-graduate students from the Masters in Business Administration program of Instituto de Empresa that provided consulting advice to two socially oriented enterprises based in South Africa and Chile.