C&G Law’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice is one of the most established and respected practices in its field in the Philippines.
The team is renowned for providing incisive advice of commercial value and has been the go-to firm for foreign and local clients. Equipped with in-depth expertise and knowledge on Philippine laws and regulations, the team advises on the full gamut of technology, media and telecommunications matters such as data protection and privacy, network infrastructure, importation and use of telecommunication equipment and customer premises equipment, telecommunication services, value-added services and VoIP services, online content and advertisements, cybersecurity and financial technology, among others. The team has extensive experience in advising and acting for clients in industries including, but not limited to, manufacturing, public utilities, mining, communications, electronics, online service providers, social media and social networking, retail, logistics, e-commerce platforms, cloud computing service providers, and banking and financial services.
C&G Law provides a suite of services for data privacy compliance under Philippine law, and regularly advises on issues arising from various data privacy concerns. The team conducts data privacy compliance exercises and audits, trainings, review and drafting of necessary agreements and documentation as well as assists clients with filings of data privacy reportorial requirements and notices with, and compliance with audits conducted by, the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”), the Philippines’ data privacy regulator. C&G Law also represents clients in other proceedings before the NPC.
- Conducted data privacy compliance exercises, audits, and trainings for multinational and local companies in various industries including, among others, electronics, logistics, banking and financial services, power, retail, and mining.
- Advised various local and multinational clients on data protection policies, security incident management policies, other data privacy related documents such as contracts and forms, and drafting necessary documents for compliance with Philippine data privacy laws.
- Advised various clients including a global leader in online social media and social networking service in ensuring compliance with Philippine data privacy laws, as well as media and telecommunications regulations.
- Advised a multinational electronics firm on the services it offers to its users to ensure compliance with local legislation on data privacy and telecommunications.
- Advised an online service provider on relevant laws and regulations to conduct online service in the Philippines.
- Advised various clients in relation to issues on cybersecurity.
- Advised a global leader in the online social media space regarding network infrastructure regulations and provided a roadmap for their doing business in the Philippines.
- Advised several multinational companies on the feasibility of providing cloud-based video and audio teleconferencing services in the Philippines, including the provision of local voice or VoIP services.
- Advised various local and multinational clients on the data privacy implications of their prospective business interests in the Philippines, including nuanced application of the law to virtual reality training devices, mobile applications, online sales platforms, dashboard cameras, and credit services, among others.
- Advised a multinational company on the regulatory requirements and data privacy issues of providing digital farming services in the Philippines, which includes the use of technology.
- Advised multinational companies on digital advertising regulations for consumer goods on online platforms such as social media sites.
- Conducted a legal due diligence report on the use of telecommunications equipment, which involved both encryption and cryptography technology.
- Advised a manufacturing firm on the relevant laws and regulations with regard to the provision of telehealth services in the Philippines.
- Assisted a multinational company in relation to a data privacy compliance audit conducted by the NPC.
- Advised a leading online services provider to respond to a data breach incident and report the matter with the NPC.
- Represented a local company in a contentious proceeding before the NPC.