Mergers and Acquisitions
C&G Law advises on all aspects of equity investments, including on doing business concerns, corporate organisation requirements, investments incentives, nationalisation issues, risk assessment and mitigation, and taxation in connection with share acquisitions. It assists in structuring, documenting and completing investment arrangements, including ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements applicable to particular transactions. It has undertaken both limited and extensive due diligence exercises for clients involving a broad range of target companies.
The firm also represents clients in asset acquisition exercises, with experience acting as counsel either for the purchaser or the divesting party.
- Advised Cargill Philippines in its investment/joint venture with Jollibee Foods Corporation relating to a poultry production and related facilities.
- Advised a Japanese food products wholesaler, and conducted due diligence for it, in its acquisition of a Philippine food distribution company.
- Advised Midea, a leading global appliance manufacturer, in its joint venture/shareholders agreement with the Concepcion group (a Philippine pioneer in appliance manufacturing).
- Advised sellers in the sale of their shares in a leading, publicly-listed sugar central in the Philippines.
- Assisted MBMI Resources, Inc. in the sale of its stakes in three mining companies in the Philippines to DMCI Corporation.
- Acted for a leading Philippine energy company in a proposed acquisition of an interest in a company developing a geothermal plant. Assisted a foreign company in the proposed indirect acquisition of an interest in a company with interests in the renewable energy sector in the Philippines.
- Advised a building materials multinational on Philippine competition law in relation to its global merger with another building materials company.
- Represented the Project Quest group in their acquisition of EIB Savings Bank, Inc. (now named Sun Savings Bank, Inc.).
- Conducted due diligence on the Philippines’ largest food conglomerate in relation to its proposed acquisition.
- Philippine counsel to the subsidiary of Duke Manufacturing Company in its acquisition of shares in and intellectual property licensed to STMPI Corporation and NBSC.
- Assisted Aboitiz One in acquiring Scanasia, the Philippines’ leading importer of premium dairy products.
- Acted as Philippine counsel to Land Traders Properties and Development Company, Inc. in the divestment by its current shareholders of their shareholdings in the said company. Advised Pearson Affordable Learning Fund in its joint venture with LiveIt Global Services Management Institute in establishing the Affordable Private Education Center.
- Acted as Philippine counsel to the Stellar Group in its buy-out of Paxys, Inc. in their joint venture in the BPO industry.
- Acted as counsel to the financial adviser of one of the Philippines' major hotel chains and, in that role, completed a comprehensive legal audit of that chain.